A light, creamy soup to transition into the spring and enjoy the first of the seasonal produce. Serves 4 to 6.
• 1 /2 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 cup diced sweet onion
• 2 large leeks (whites only) washed and sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 /2 cup gluten free tamari
• 1 / 4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 /2 tsp sea salt
• 1 /2 cup nutritional yeast
• 4 cups chopped asparagus 4 cups diced potatoes
• 8 cups filtered water
In a medium pot, saute onions, leeks, garlic and olive oil on medium heat until onions become translucent. Stir in tamari, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and spices. Add asparagus and potatoes and toss to coat. Add filtered water and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low, cooking about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Using a regular or immersion blender, puree soup until creamy.
Garnish with cracked black pepper and a wedge of lemon.
Serve and enjoy!
"xoxo - Alex & Cara" #realgoodfood @seedtosprout